Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Twins Love Livvi's Place

"I just wanted to say thanks for such a wonderful playground. I have attended a couple of the fundraisers leading up to it and know that it must have been a huge effort. I have 5 year old twins - one of whom has Down Syndrome. She LOVES the park and manages pretty well at 'regular' playgrounds - so long as there is a swing! We are lucky to live in Five Dock - so close to Livvi's Place. We took the twins there today for the first time. The equipment is fantastic but I was especially taken by the atmosphere - there were at least 3 other children with 'special needs' that I could see. It was great to be out and about with a truly diverse range of people from our community. It brought a tear to my eye to see so many families participating so easily in the very ordinary activity of taking the kids to the park. We made a few new friends today too. Thanks again."   Shelley

 

No comments:

Post a Comment